(日期:][下一个日期][线程:][线程下][日期索引][线程索引]

5.2 v (Stuart)

安德烈的最后是伟大的。这是我有史以来最好的经验的协作写作。这里的另一个版本非常小作家删除几个语法旁边。只有重大变化:*之后添加”和开源”“商业”软件。亲爱的<公约起草者>:专家、教育者、实践者的信息安全,我们希望注册我们的担忧欧洲理事会的条约草案犯罪在网络空间。定罪的部分提出条约可能导致技术和软件常用的计算机系统抗攻击。签署州通过立法来实现该条约危及安全的计算机系统。专业人员将无法充分保护计算机系统,和教育下一代的信息保护专家将受阻。保护计算机系统的关键和基础设施的能力测试软件漏洞,验证现有系统中存在的漏洞,漏洞信息交换。专业人士和公司日常开发、使用和共享软件旨在利用漏洞。 Commercial and open-source tools for system administrators and security experts include software that exploits vulnerabilities. Academic institutions use this software to educate students and in research to develop and improve defenses. Our experience suggests that it is impossible to reliably distinguish software used in computer crime from that used for legitimate purposes. Article 6 of the treaty is vague regarding the use, distribution, or possession of software that could be used to violate the security of computer systems. Legislation that criminalizes exploit software use would adversely impact security practitioners, researchers, and educators. Article 6 would throttle important progress in computer security research and engineering. We agree that breaking into computer systems is wrong and are strongly in favor of criminalizing inappropriate behavior. Our goal is for the treaty and resulting legislation to permit the development and application of good security measures. We urge the Council to avoid criminalizing the development, use, and distribution of software important to those of us working to prevent misuse. We request that the treaty drafters specifically recognize legitimate computer security activities and permit the creation and public dissemination of software and techniques used to study and verify computer security vulnerabilities. Moreover, we urge that appropriate laws criminalizing software misuse replace the ownership or creation clauses of the treaty. Signed,   "Organizational affiliations are listed for identification purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the affiliated organization." -- Stuart Staniford --- President --- Silicon Defense stuart@silicondefense.com (707) 445-4355 (707) 445-4222 (FAX)

页面最后更新或审查:2007年5月22日,