(日期:][下一个日期][线程:][线程下][日期索引][线程索引]

[CVEPRI]编辑委员会成员的未来

在最近的一份邮件,斯图尔特Staniford做了一些评论关于一个担忧是“开始。”As you should know from Board meetings and/or summaries, MITRE is re-evaluating Board membership and trying to do a better job of identifying the roles and responsibilities for Board members. Stuart was brought onto the Board primarily as a liaison to the CIDF and IDWG worlds, and he has fulfilled his role appropriately, while also contributing to some Board meetings and writing one of the drafts of the CyberCrime treaty letter. On the other hand, there are Board members who were brought onto the Board because they were going to vote on candidates. Those who haven't done so will be re-evaluated in terms of the role that they took on when they joined. There are many different roles that Board members take within the CVE Initiative, and I am working on identifying these roles more concretely. This will then become a basis for evaluating how much a Board member is contributing to an effort. Note that some members' participation is not always visible, even to other Board members. There is also the recognition that other work or personal pressures will occasionally prevent Board members from contributing on a consistent basis. We will continue to be open with the entire Board about the changes in membership policy that we are considering, and I expect that this will continue to be a topic of discussion at Board meetings. If it is decided that removal of some members is necessary, then those Board members who are on the fringes of participation will be given a reasonable chance to bring their level of participation up to expectations. I believe that this is important since the roles and responsibilities for Board members has been so informal. And as has been mentioned before, the overall participation of organizations with multiple Board members will be examined most closely. Those who work primarily in the IDS arena may eventually wish to move into a separate CIEL organization, if such a beast evolves. My presentation on CIEL seemed well-received at the last Board meeting, so I expect there to be more "work" ahead for IDS people within the context of the Board, at least in terms of deciding the future of CIEL. (We will be giving you a CIEL update shortly, but as a reminder, MITRE has not yet determined how much it can directly support such an effort. See the writeup of the last Board meeting athttp://cve.mitre.org/board/archives/2000-08/msg00013.html复习在天蓝色。我们目前正在起草天蓝色。)此外,由于在过去的董事会会议,讨论“CVE工作组”将被开发。这将帮助那些有兴趣帮助CVE倡议作出贡献。这也可能成为潜在的“试验场”的董事会成员。工作小组,我相信仍将非正式的,最终可能是一个更合适的“组织”对目前一些董事会成员参加,如果/当董事会成员本身变得更加正式。希望这邮件回答更多的问题比提出:-)——史蒂夫

页面最后更新或审查:2007年5月22日,