[[日期上一篇] [下一个日期] [线程] [线程接下来] [日期索引] [线程索引这是给予的

回复:使用CAN/CVE号码

拉斯·库珀(Russ Cooper)说:> 1。MS02-038 Microsoft的安全公告错误地指的是>>几个CAN/CVE号码。首先,在使用CAN-2001-0644和> CAN-2001-0645的漏洞的>描述中的PlaceMark链接中。实际上,它们应该是CAN-2002-0644和> CAN-2002-0645。感谢您注意到这一点,我将通知Microsoft。> 3。当戴夫·艾特尔(Dave Aitel)在Bugtraq上为他的新MS SQL Server> BO发布了他的NASL脚本时,他包括以下内容;> >>#script_cve_id(“ CVE-2000-0402”);>>在MS SQL Server>“安装”期间引用保存的管理员密码,与他的新BO无关。#是NASL的评论,因此至少已经评论了,但是这意味着它是同一CVE。 Maybe it's a cut-and-paste from an earlier NASL script. >I would suggest that there may be a requirement to put fields into the >CVE which note the fact that incorrect references to a CAN/CVE number >were in public, and possibly point to the correct entries. The "analysis" field would be a useful place for this. It's not quite public yet (non-Board members can only see it through the proposal ballots in the mail archives), but we plan to publish the analysis field at the same time the content decision fields are published. >I only point this out because both of these documents will be >artifacts now, incorrectly referencing CVE information. Unfortunately, there have been other cases besides the ones that you described above. For example, today's WS_FTP release by @stake included both CAN-2002-0826 (the correct number) and CAN-2002-0926 (incorrect). An earlier Microsoft typo in MS02-021 pointed to CAN-2002-1056 (which didn't exist) instead of CAN-2002-0156. (So now we have a CVE-2002-1056 when the next-earliest CAN is in the -0800 range). In an advisory for multiple vulnerabilities, Matt Moore switched the meaning of one candidate with another, in comparison to how Microsoft assigned the issue. This "switch" also happened in a CERT advisory (that one was my fault). I have modified the candidate reservation recommendations to tell people to be careful about typos and multiple issues. However, these types of mistakes may happen more frequently as more and more candidates are distributed to CNA's. One solution may be to watch closely for these mistakes and, if an entity makes these mistakes too frequently, they could be prevented from getting reserved CANs. To the others on this list whose own identifiers are commonly referenced in other people's advisories - how do you deal with their typos and similar errors? - Steve

页面最后更新或审查:2007年5月22日