Sent:Friday, August 26, 2016 7:03:50 PM
To:Art Manion; cve-editorial-board-list
Subject:Re: Proposed Working group and workshop

Art wrote:
这里有一些警告:在互联网时间内3 - 5年是IMO,不是predictable. I do think we can pick some direction/priorities, and make some design choices that should enable flexibility when the future arrives, but I'm not a fan of putting lots of effort into a 5 year plan we'll have to throw away in <2 years.

我不能同意……。

---
Kent Landfield
+1.817.637.8026

On 2016-08-26 08:30, Landfield, Kent B wrote:

> So what do we want CVE to look like in 3-5 years? How do we plan on
> getting there?
>
> On the Board call today I suggested we create a working group to try to
> address some of those questions. This is a working group as identified
> in the Charter. Instead of waiting weeks to get started, I suggested we
> create the WG as an ad-hoc working group until the Charter is approved
> and then we can ‘officially anoint’ it.

Sign me up. Does this WG include the full board yet :) ?

On 2016-08-26 11:14, Williams, Ken wrote:
> Comprehensive CVE coverage of ALL vulnerabilities is a worthwhile
> goal to consider in such a WG.

同意。

On 2016-08-26 12:02, Kurt Seifried wrote:
> Stupid Question but why are we being so stingy with CVEs? We should
> be handing them out like candy, and putting the "important" ones into
> the database (and accepting well formed database submissions from
>全部)。

同意。

On 2016-08-26 08:30, Landfield, Kent B wrote:
> So what do we want CVE to look like in 3-5 years? How do we plan on
> getting there?

这里有一些警告:在互联网时间内3 - 5年是IMO,不是
predictable. I do think we can pick some direction/priorities, and make
some design choices that should enable flexibility when the future
arrives, but I'm not a fan of putting lots of effort into a 5 year plan
we'll have to throw away in <2 years.

问候,

- Art

Page Last Updated or Reviewed:August 29, 2016