(日期:][下一个日期][线程:][线程下][日期索引][线程索引]

再保险:CVE托管服务

我将与所有的虚拟强调我说这。我不认为如果横切跟踪在线服务CVE-style能力是当今对或错的事。但我想说,如果你这样做……不这样做,味道中,使用“CVE”作为ID计划的一部分。没有绝对的逻辑或有益的理由这样做。十年——CVE支持两个前缀方案(CVE)。——许多组织将不希望跟踪在线服务,和混合他们将非常痛苦的覆盖率(指标|百分比)等等,一些组织可能更感兴趣的是云/服务提供跟踪(如公司存在多云服务本身)——无数vuln游客(个人和企业),年度统计数据完全基于CVE和不理解CVE,这将永远使所有数据生成完全没有价值。我的意思是,他们已经一文不值,但这将使它更甚。——我提到没有合乎逻辑的理由把它们混合在一个统一的CVE标识符?=)我一直直言不讳地批评斜方和CVE很久了。 I have spent a LOT more of that time trying to help via the board and behind the scenes. If MITRE opts to mix and not use diffferent prefix schemes, I fully believe that will be the biggest mistake MITRE has ever made in the 17+ years of maintaining the CVE project. .b p.s. This is coming from one of the few people who were strenously against the CNA/CVE prefix split and put significant pressure on MITRE to unify that. On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, Coffin, Chris wrote: : The CVE Team has discussed the inclusion of hosted service : vulnerabilities within the CVE program on multiple occasions in the : past. However, a decision was never made on how to proceed. The CVE : Board call on Feb 22 included a very informative and useful discussion : regarding this topic, and we feel this topic needs to move forward. : Based on Harold's valid use case, input from other Board members, and : the fact that more and more software is being offered via hosted : services, the CVE Team believes that these vulnerabilities should be : assigned CVE IDs and we have no objections in supporting these under the : CVE program. : : We believe that there are still decisions to be made on what kinds of : use cases should be supported, but these can continue to be identified : and discussed on the CVE Board list. Once we have agreement on a valid : set of use cases, the CVE Team and Board can decide on any needed rules : and guidelines. At that point, we believe that the best option would be : to pilot the idea through one or more of our existing CNAs who also : maintain hosted services. If anyone has any additional suggestions or : comments on a way forward then please offer them up. : : To answer the specific questions regarding the determination of risk : based on CVE, we agree with Art that CVE is the first step in the : process and should only be responsible for starting the conversation : (i.e., naming the thing). Other organizations can add additional value : on top of this, such as risk scores, mitigations, etc.

页面最后更新或审查:2017年2月27日